Hey Guys!! I’m sure it’s no surprise that I kind of dropped off the whole blogging scene for a few months and haven’t posted since December! Ahh- it feels even crazier when I type it out. I had a lot … Continue reading
Hey guys, wanted to let you know that one of my favorite link-ups, done by IFB has chosen another one of my posts! My Cozy & Chic Winter Accessories post was chosen along with 20 other bloggers’ links, featuring a bunch of posts on how to be warm and fashionable! Check out the links below for some great reads and if you want to submit your post click the link at the very bottom!
Cozy & Chic
For those of you in the US, Happy Thanksgiving! While we’re all laying around the house waiting for the turkey to come out of the oven, or rooting for their favorite dog to win the National Dog Show, or rooting for their favorite football team, or playing Just Dance on the Wii, just because we’re getting cozy today doesn’t mean we’re not chic. Cozy up to this week’s roundup and have a wonderful day!
Links à la Mode: November 27th
- Anami Blog: How To Wear a Camel Coat
- Burgundy Whispers: Beauty Bit, Beauty Sleep
- Chic & Defined: Cozy & Chic Winter Accessories
- Chromobeauty: Guys, We Don’t Wear Makeup For You
- Couture Crush: Trending Flash Tattoos: A New Beach Accessory
- Fashion Trends & More: 7 Winter Layering Essentials
- Fleur d’Elyse: Gifts Under $25
- Les Assorties: A Lesson in Fashion History
- Miss YoLEE: On Living Abroad
- Ms. Fabulous: Dance & Fashion at the Museum at FIT
- Musings of a Fashion Designer: Mabeline New York Millennial Fashion Debuts
- Myself Expressed: Audi Fashion Houston Five
- Pretty Passions: Winter Fashions
- Sheela Writes: Imagination is the Blueprint
- Stained Couture: Products to Minimize Pores
- Storybook Apothecary: The Best Holiday Gift Shops Around the Web
- Style Diary Byosy: Wedding Guest: African Style
- TLV Birdie: Blogging Tips: Your Questions, My Story
- We Are Ready Made: Socialist Youth
- Wild Beauty World: On Being Happy & Beautiful at 100
So I know I’m a day late, but who’s counting! The fact that this is the last month of 2014 is nuts to me and it’s seems like it flew by. I love doing my first of the month posts, to kind of give myself a bit of perspective on the month, and let you guys know what I’m up to. This month is no different- I hit almost all my November blog goals so I set the bar much higher for December! With Christmas coming it will be a bit difficult, but with that comes a bunch of days off from work so I literally have no excuse. I am still finishing up my ideas for new “columns”, for lack of better term, for 2015 so if there’s anything you guys want to see from me leave it in the comments below. I have a bunch of stuff coming so stay tuned!
Hey guys! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I’m beyond excited. I’m a little off schedule with blogging just because of running holiday errands and taking off work and stuff. Because of that, I totally forgot to post that one of my posts, Fab or Fail: Turtlenecks was chosen for IFB’s links a la mode roundup! There are a bunch of other great posts listed alongside mine, so check them out too! If you wanna submit your post for next weeks roundup, there’s a link at the very bottom. Kc
Fix The Internet
Sure, none of us can unsee the madness that KimK launched on the Internet… but we can certainly get on with our lives. Especially since the holidays are in full swing and, quite honestly, we’re busy! Do you want to try the turtleneck thing? Are you gearing up for January resolutions by figuring out what you want out of life? Or do you just want to get out of town for a day? Whatever it is… enough with breaking the internet… let’s get to fixing up our lives.
Links a la Mode: November 20th
- Attire Club: 10 Facts About Movember
- Bowtie Diary: The Day Guide to Helsinki
- Chic & Defined: Fab or Fail: Turtlenecks
- Everyday Starlet: Recipe for The Perfect Thanksgiving Outfit
- Fashionopolis: Celebrating Bloggers & Life Outside The Cubicle
- High Heels In the Wilderness: Turtleneck Love
- KP Fusion: Using Your Blog As An Asset to Your Fashion Brand
- Kremb de la Kremb: My Five ~ How I Go For It
- Just Mariklo: DIY Embellished Beanies
- Les Assorties: WTalent: Muyombano
- Ms. Fabulous: J Mendel Collaboration with Enoc Perez
- Oh So Jack: Booze, Bootie & Breaking The Internet
- Petite Career Girl: Six Ways to Wear a Cranberry Flounce Skirt
- Riva La Diva: 4 Reasons You Need a Wrap Dress
- Sheela Writes: Creativity As A Muscle
- Style Marmalade: 10 Things To Think Of Every Time You Want To Give Up
- The Sweet Seed: How to Wear Your Spring Staples in Winter
- We Are Ready Made: Losing Our Religion
- What Would You Wear If: Going for a Night Out With SNL’s Stefon
- Wild Beauty World: Is Fat “Evil”?
Want to be featured in Links à la Mode?
1. Read the clarified rules and submit your links on this page: Links à la Mode.
Hey guys! It’s Friday eve and I’m so excited about it. Long week to say the least. But with all the states experiencing tons of snow, I was inspired to write about cozy winter accessories that don’t make you look like an astronaut or a third-grader. Am I the only one who thinks winter stuff can be warm/practical and fashionable? We shouldn’t have to choose! I looked through the internet- yep, the whole thing- and found some of my favorite accessories that are both chic and cozy! Of course, there’s faux fur and leather which I’m sure you guys know are some of my obsessions right now. Check out what I chose:
Faux Fur Stole- I am in love with the idea of elevating simple pieces and making stuff you already have more chic! A fur stole does just that to any regular coat you have, without having to dish out the money for a whole new one. I’ve seen these worn alone, which can be tricky to style, and with all types of coats, though it’s tough if your coat has a big hood or a really high collar.
Faux Fur Infinity Scarf– Okay, let’s just get all the fur in now. Ha! I love this sort of upgrade on an infinity scarf to add a bit of chic and a lot of warmth. Not to mention the color- it can can go with so many coats, so you’ll get a lot of wear out of it. Also, I don’t know if it’s just me, but I’ll put my face in my scarf when it’s super windy or snowing and this is great for that.
Leather Gloves- Touching a freezing steering wheel is literally the worst, so when it’s gets super freezing I always have gloves in my bag. You can’t go wrong choosing leather and leopard for anything in my opinion and having warm hands is a major plus! I know some people are into mittens, and I think they’re cute but I hate having to take them off to do literally anything, so I’ll stick with the gloves. (They also make leopard texting gloves like these.)
Knit Hat- Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a hat person at all. I’d rather a hood any day, but when I do wear hats I love knit ones that don’t like trap the heat and sweat by your head. Adding a little pom-pom on top is super fun and in that color can lighten up a winter ensemble. (Unless your like me and tend to get makeup on everything ha!)
Headband (Earmuff Alternative)– On that same token, I haven’t worn earmuffs since I was a kid. I always have trouble getting them on, messing up my hair, them coming off at inopportune time etc. Because of that I’ve worn these since college- they’re much easier to get on and off and when it’s not cold enough for earmuffs or a hat yet, the knit, or sometimes fleece or faux fur headband works great!
Over the Knee Boots– I threw in an OTK boot because why not? I used to think they were a bit much but as I’ve gotten older I love them! They can add a bit of refinement and a sleek vibe to any outfit.
I wanna to remind you guys to join me for #SHOECHAT this afternoon 3-4pm on Twitter! Follow me before the chat to make sure you see the questions!!